AFC Energy-led Consortium Awarded €1.4 M EU Funding
01 Dec 2011
UK-based alkaline fuel cell developer AFC Energy is to lead a consortium of organisations running a new EU project, LASER-CELL, backed by €2.9 million of funding. The AFC Energy-led consortium is to receive €1.4 million of this from the Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU).
LASER-CELL will run alongside AFC Energy's current development programme and will develop innovative technologies to enhance high-volume production of alkaline fuel cells, backed up by life-cycle and market analysis. AFC Energy will receive €405,600 of the total funding.
The consortium includes the following partners:
- AFC Energy - project Coordinator and fuel cell developer
- Cencorp Oyj - automation specialists of Finland
- VTT - the Technical Institute of Finland
- Air Products - leading global supplier of industrial gases and equipment, specialty and intermediate chemicals, and environmental and energy systems
- Nanocyl S.A. - specialist material suppliers of Belgium
- UDE - Energy and Environmental Engineering Institute of Duisburg-Essen University, Germany
Sign up using the 'Register' button at the top of the page.
Our Using Fuel Cells In series of info sheets highlights applications where fuel cells offer benefits today.
glossary of terms.
If you would like to contact us, please click here.